Digital Content Editor
We are looking for a digital content editor and content rock star to join our team of travel lovers and beach enthusiasts. The digital content editor is responsible for creating and editing content aligned with our audience and business goals. You will work with freelance writers to develop high-performing and quality content, write content, edit content and work with content managers to publish articles consistently and efficiently.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn and innovate, with demonstrable writing and editing skills. As a digital content editor, you should be able to meet deadlines, communicate well and be extremely detail oriented. Other desired skills/traits include SEO knowledge, WordPress experience, social media management and a positive, forward-thinking mindset!
Editing and writing content daily, publishing freelance-produced content, pitching and writing articles
Collaborate with team members to plan and develop site content, both written and visually
Edit, proofread and improve freelancer’s posts
Optimize content using best SEO practices
Source images for upload
Align content with social and video goals
Utilize WordPress for publishing and improving posts
Stay up-to-date with industry developments and brainstorm new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, English, Publishing, Marketing, Communications
- Based in Sarasota, but open to remote opportunities
- Comfortable working in versatile and fast-paced startup culture
- Excellent communication skills utilizing Slack and Trello
- Demonstrable writing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic knowledge of web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Love of travel!
Find beach inspiration, vacations and exclusive travel deals on Beach.com. Our team of passionate beach bums searches the globe for the best in beach destinations and travel. When it’s time to plan a tropical getaway, turn to Beach.com for the best beach activities, destinations, vacation ideas and travel deals. Based in Sarasota, FL, we’re just moments from the No. 1 Beach in America. Needless to say, we practice what we preach with frequent team beach yoga days, wellness programs, flexible vacation, remote work opportunities and more.