Internship – Editorial
We are looking for a digital editorial intern to join our team of travel lovers and beach enthusiasts. The digital editorial intern is responsible for creating, managing and maintaining content aligned with our audience and business goals. You will work with freelance writers and content managers to develop high-performing and quality content, pitch new ideas for campaigns, write content, edit content and manage the content publishing process from the idea stage to publishing. This is a great opportunity to grow your portfolio with by-lined work.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn and is extremely innovative, with demonstrable writing and editing skills. As a digital editorial intern, you will learn in a hands-on environment how to manage writers, pitch content, write for the web (including SEO best practices), publish content using a CMS, and develop content strategy. We are also a start-up company, so be prepared to add a fast-paced work environment to your work experience! You should be able to work to deadlines, communicate well and be extremely detail oriented. Other desired skills/traits include SEO knowledge, WordPress experience, social media management and a positive, forward-thinking mindset!
- Work with content managers to create, improve and publish content
- Collaborate with team members to plan and develop site content, both written and visually
- Pitch, write and edit published content
- Develop content strategy for projects and channels
- Optimize content using best SEO practices
- Utilize our CMS for publishing and improving posts
- Learn the basics of Google Analytics and other tools to analyze website traffic
- Manage social media and online channels to increase website traffic
- Learn about compliance with law (copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and brainstorm new ideas with the team
- Creative Writing, English, Publishing, Marketing, Communications or similar major
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Demonstrable writing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic knowledge of web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Love of travel!